The organ in the church was installed in 1997 by American organ builder Fritz Noack. It’s playing action is mechanical, which allows for optimum control of the speech of the pipes from the player. The tonal design of the Noack allows it to comfortably play music of a variety of styles and time periods. The organ in the chapel was installed in 2016 by Tacoma-based organ builder Martin Pasi. Its construction is based on the same time-honored principles of the organ in the church.
Epiphany is fortunate to have seven grand pianos (three Steinways, one Kawai, one Steiff, and two chickerings), and one Baldwin spinet piano on campus. Most notable are the Kawai in the choir room, the Steinway in the church, and the 1901 Hamburg Steinway in the Chapel.
In 2010 a spinet harpsichord was donated by parishioner Bill Hoppin. It was replaced by Mr. Hoppin in 2014 by a full-size, Flemish-style harpsichord from the workshop of Frank Hubbard in Boston. Its exterior finish was restored in 18th-century antique style under the direction of parishioner and antique specialist David Weatherford. It is currently at home in the chapel and moves easily to any location for performances.
Questions about our instrument collection or music at Epiphany? Contact Zach Hemenway, Director of Music.